You have to take the DELF exam for personal or professional reasons, to demonstrate your French skills but you don’t know if you should choose DELF B1 or B2?
If you are not sure what level skill to choose, our French via Skype tutor will assess you to find the specific level you would need to qualify for.
French via skype offers French lessons in preparation for the DELF B1 and B2 exams, guaranteeing you 100% success!
The DELF B1 exam
At the DELF B1 level, you are a candidate who is already more comfortable with the language. Your level is described as “independent”. You can manage in everyday situations. You can also give your opinion, understand a discussion, or interact with other people.
The exam lasts around 1h30 and is divided in 4 parts :
- Listening comprehension: 25 minutes
- Reading comprehension: 35 minutes
- Written expression: 45 minutes
- Oral expression: 15 minutes (10 min preparation for the 3rd part)
Comprehension questionnaires dealing with several recordings (played twice).
Comprehension questionnaires dealing with several written documents:
– extract useful information concerning a particular task
– analyze the contents of a document of general interest
Express personal opinions on a general topic (essay, letter, article, etc).
Test in three parts:
– guided conversation (2 at 3 minutes)
– interactive exercise (3 at 4 minutes)
– expressing an opinion on a document designed to elicit a reaction (5 at 7 minutes)
The DELF B2 exam
The DELF B2 is the last level tested by the DELF (then levels C1 and C2 are assessed using the DALF). As a French user, you have a good level of independence in the language. You are able to argue a point of view, or even negotiate by giving good arguments. You are able to recognize when you are making a mistake. But you are comfortable speaking. The DELF B2 exams are longer than the B1 exams, and they last 2h30 in total and consists of four tests:
- oral comprehension : 30 min
- written production : 1h
- reading and comprehension : 1h
- oral production : 20 min (30 min preparation)
Comprehension questionnaires dealing with several recordings (played twice maximum).
Taking a personal stand (contributing to a debate, formal letter, review of a film/book).
Comprehension questionnaires dealing with several written documents.
Stating and defending an opinion based on a short document designed to explicit a reaction.
Why take the DELF exam?
Having a DELF certificate will facilitate your professional or personal integration into a French-speaking environment:
- DELF allows you to validate, improve and enhance your ability to communicate: it is very rewarding on a CV;
- DELF B1 is necessary to be naturalized French and to validate certain diplomas;
- DELF B2 is required to join a university course in France.
The higher your DELF level, the more you can claim quality skills and optimize your integration into a French-speaking living environment.
You are motivated and you feel ready to prepare for the DELF exam ? At French via Skype we specialize in the preparation of the DELF exams. Your DELF French tutor will provide online French classes via Skype or Zoom covering all aspects of the DELF and DALF exams. Our online French tutor is highly experienced with the DELF preparation exams, and guarantees you the best grades in DELF exam, and knows exactly what the difficulties may be for candidates preparing for exams of this type.
French via Skype offers several online DELF courses to choose from A1 to C2 level to obtain the best grades for the DELF certificate as much as feeling confident during the DELF exam.
If you are interested in arranging DELF tuition, French via Skype offers several online DELF French courses designed to your needs and schedule to obtain the best grades for the DELF exam as much as feeling confident throughout the DELF exam.
À bientôt !