The French International Baccalaureate, a guarantee of becoming bilingual!
November 05, 2020
You are looking for a IB French tutor ?
With French via Skype you can learn French wherever you are.
The French IB Diploma Programme is a rigorous, academically challenging and balanced programme of education designed to prepare students aged 16 to 19 for success at university and life beyond. Each year, the French International Baccalaureate diploma attracts more applicants. The teachings of the French IB are in tune with our era. They focus on critical thinking, intellectual curiosity, openness to the world. The French International Baccalaureate offers a diligent teaching methods of learning and has already proven its worth around the world. The French IB is one of the most comprehensive school programs, and the guarantee of becoming bilingual.
The curriculum French IB
- Available at standard (SL) and higher level (HL).
- Knowledge of vocabulary and grammar is reinforced and extended by understanding audience, context, purpose, meaning and variation.
- The development of international-mindedness is one of the key aims of the course.
- Students are exposed to a variety of authentic text types in relation to the prescribed themes and related course content.
- Students describe situations, narrate events, make comparisons, explain problems, and state and support their personal opinions on a variety of topics relating to course content.
- Students produce a wide variety of oral and written texts for audiences, contexts and purposes associated with academic and personal interests.
- At Higher Level, students are required to study two literary works originally written in the target language, and are expected to extend the range and complexity of the language they use and understand in order to communicate.
The French IB is recognized for the most part by foreign universities and by many countries such as the UK, Switzerland, Canada, USA, Australia. Graduates of these schools are sought after by universities and future employers because they have developed the skills required to take up positions in international business or political organizations. However, it should be kept in mind that this training is not for everyone, that it is demanding and often harder than the diplomas specific to each country.
Where to prepare for the French IB?
To meet the need for international openness and the multiculturalism of our societies, we are seeing the proliferation of establishments offering this program. The French IB is offered in international schools, but more and more bilingual and secondary schools are now offering it.
At French via Skype we specialize in the preparation of the French IB. Your IB French tutor will provide online French classes via Skype or Zoom covering all aspects of the French IB curriculum and exams. The emphasis will be on oral and comprehension but will also cover the written part of the French IB.
French via Skype offers several online IB French courses designed to your needs and schedule to obtain the best grades for the final exams as much as feeling confident throughout the French IB studies.
Don’t hesitate to contact French via Skype if you have any questions or want to sign up for lessons.
À bientôt !